I've been at it for about a week now and it takes some time but I believe once I get a system in place it'll go a bit quicker.
I think it would be pretty cool to see this as an actual publication or web site, but for now it's just a source directing people to good news from the state of Maine on other news sites.
I also am listing "GoodNews" press releases, and have options for "GoodNews" original articles/stories and "GoodNews" photos.
6.22.10 Update:
I have been a little, okay a lot, behind on GoodNewsinME shame on me, but it's for a GOOD reason, that deals with NEWS, and is IN MAINE... I was hired/promoted to the Prepress Manager at Sun Journal so I have been a little overwhelmed with entire hiring and training process.
I am going to try my darndest to get back on the GoodNewsinME wagon and keep it up to date. I may change things a bit and not do the whole listing of GoodNewsinME Headlines as a post, but grab 5–10 stories a day and post the first few paragraphs with a link to where the original article resides then in the Headlines link list the 5–10 headline titles I have.
10.26.10 Update:
Life has thrown me a few curve balls lately, eloped & got laid off in the same week, not really excuses for why I haven't kept up with GoodNewsinME, but maybe a reason why I should start it back up and possibly look into how I can make it into a semi lucrative website. A site that has cropped up, MaineNewsSimply, has really simplified my search for GoodNews but alas I've found a glitch, the links that I post from MaineNewsSimply go dead after a few days. Will have to find a way around this! Will also have to get my butt going again on GoodNewsinME!
No comments:
Post a Comment